Friday, February 20, 2009

Raisingmaine-shy about blogging

I recently came across this interesting post regarding a blogger's concerns about becoming an overly cautious writer on her site(click on her link to read entire story):


I am becoming a shy blogger. Words that used to flow freely from my head onto paper and off to you are now being edited to destruction and my final thoughts just before I post are, ”Yeah So?” thus I post nothing.

It reminds me of when I was in 7th grade and my family moved from the suburbs of Boston to our summer home on Cape Cod.

I wrote a great blog about my niece’s wedding. How I danced so much my thighs still hurt, how very very blessed I am to have nine brothers and sisters and mostly that my children chose to go with me. My overly cautious editing killed it.
I think I need a trip to the woods Raye. I am not sure this venue is the place for my boldness or the place to show slivers of myself, but I struggle writing in any other way.

i don't even blog, and STILL i edit and carefully choose every single word that i say on this site. i have admitted that there are things i won't talk about because i'm never sure who is reading [this was a comment in response to her post/rjd].

I enjoyed reading her thoughts on becoming shy about blogging and over-editing her posts. I could really identify with it. Being new to blogging, I tend to hold back on revealing too much of myself, although for artists, that comes with the territory. Expression requires 'exposure' to some degree. It's the act of exposing via one's posts to the entire world that can be intimidating, at least for me. I'm curious to know how you feel about this. She seemed concerned about remaining authentic to her readers if she holds back too much. But how much is too much? Are you new to blogging and find yourself continuously re-editing your posts? If your a seasoned veteran, do you still do the same, or do you even think about it? Let me know what you think! I hope this clipmark post works this time. I originally had a much better post and lost it. See, there I go, having to re-write and edit again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
Becky