Saturday, November 21, 2009

In Memory of Professor Harington

I was so saddened to hear last week of the death of Professor Donald Harington, a former teacher of Art History at the U of A, Fayetteville, AR, and also a very well-known author. He was the most influential and fascinating teacher I've ever had, but I'm only one of countless others who feel the same way. I'm constantly reminded when looking at art or architecture of just how much I learned from this great man, and will always treasure my memories of his teachings about art and life.

To learn more about Professor Donald Harington, and the service to be held at the U of A, Fayetteville, I've listed some sites below:

Memorial Service, U of A, Fayetteville
Fayetteville Flyer
NY Times
Books by Donald Harington , Last book published, Enduring, Special tribute by his editor at Toby Press
His official website
The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture
Interview with C. L. Bledsoe, Ghoti Fish
Trailer for Brian Walter's future documentary on Donald Harington

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
Becky